Please follow these basic steps to increase the performance when using Microsoft Teams app for lesson recording and to help you during meetings.
Please only do these steps if you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Teams. These settings only apply to Desktop version of Teams.
You can download the desktop version here
- Load the settings section in Teams
- In the General tab > Scroll down to the “Application” section
- Enable “Disable GPU hardware acceleration (requires restarting Teams)”
- Disable “Register Teams as the chat app for Office (requires restarting Office applications)”
- Disable “Turn on new meeting experience (New meetings and calls will open in separate windows. Requires restarting Teams.)”
- In the General tab > Scroll down to the “Display” sections and enable “Turn off animations (requires restarting Teams)”
- You can now close the settings box
- Expand your taskbar notification window, and you should see the Microsoft Teams icon in there
- Right click on the Microsoft Teams icon and click “Quit” – this will shut your Teams app, please do not do this if you are recording or during a meeting as it will close.
- Finally, start Microsoft Teams app again, to do this you can either find it on your taskbar (if pinned), on your Desktop shortcuts or search for in in the start menu.